Nissan powers into the future at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show
Find press release after the photos:
Nissan's Intelligent Mobility vision pushes towards safer and more sustainable future
- Builds on company leadership in electrification and vehicle intelligence
- Intelligent Driving, Power, Integration cornerstone of new vision
- Vision designed to guide Nissan's future product and technology pipeline
- Focused on enhancing the driver and passenger experience
IDS concept makes its European debut at Geneva
- IDS (Intelligent Driving System) Concept represents Nissan's vision for the future of EV and autonomous driving
- Complex system of sensors & AI brings us closer to a zero fatalities future
- On-road autonomous drive technology demos in Europe in 2016
"Piloted Drive" Qashqai to roll off the production line in 2017
- Nissan's first vehicle in Europe to feature autonomous drive technology next year
- New technology allows cars to drive autonomously in a single lane in heavy traffic conditions on highways
- Plan to launch a range of cars with increasing autonomous capabilities by 2020
- Boost for European manufacturing with refreshed Qashqai made at Sunderland Plant
World premiere of new "Premium Concept" Qashqai and X-Trail crossovers
- Striking design and styling offers fresh take on successful crossover segment
- Use of carbon fiber, 20-inch wheels, enhanced 'V-motion' grilles makes bold statement
- Explores potential of exciting new level of personalization in its class
- Designed with the "Premium Urbanite" and "Premium Adventurist" in mind
- Qashqai "Premium Concept" features "Piloted Drive 1.0" autonomous technology
Electric vehicle technology ecosystem propelled to new heights
- Nissan's new European office to feature world's largest energy management system
- 64 Nissan LEAF batteries to power stationary energy storage system
- 100 vehicle-to-grid chargers to form largest ever grid-integrated electric vehicle (EV) system
- Shows how EVs can play a part in the energy management systems of the future
GENEVA – Nissan's advanced technology and future innovation are in the spotlight at this year's Geneva Motor Show as Nissan unveils its Intelligent Mobility vision for the very first time and invites its IDS Concept to the stand for its European debut.
Featuring a dynamic display of Nissan's vision for the future of mobility, the Nissan stand will bring to life the technologies of tomorrow. From a glimpse of Nissan's vision of the future of mobility to exploring the striking design and styling of Nissan's new Premium Concept crossovers, the stand once again confirms why Nissan is one of the industry's most exciting and forward-thinking brands.
Pursuing a goal of zero emission vehicles and zero fatalities on the road, Nissan's Intelligent Mobility vision is designed to guide Nissan's product and technology pipeline; anchoring critical company decisions around how cars are powered, how cars are driven, and how cars integrate into society.
At the core of Nissan Intelligent Mobility are three areas of innovation:
- Nissan Intelligent Driving – creating more driver confidence, spearheaded by Nissan's autonomous drive technology, Piloted Drive
- Nissan Intelligent Power – more efficiency, more power, spearheaded by electric vehicles
- Nissan Intelligent Integration – new links between vehicles and society
This Intelligent Mobility vision is borne out in Nissan's IDS Concept, which makes its European premiere at the Geneva Motor Show. Representing Nissan's vision for the future of electric vehicles and autonomous driving, the IDS Concept steals the limelight with its highly evolved EV technology, advanced aerodynamic performance, exhilarating acceleration and sophisticated AI capability.
Set to revolutionize the relationship between driver and car, the new concept proves Nissan stands once again at the forefront of automotive technology - developing practical, real-world applications of autonomous drive technology. Bringing innovation and excitement to everyone.