Chevrolet Introduces Silverado Realtree® Edition
HERE'S THE STORY
Chevrolet today introduced the 2016 Silverado Realtree® Edition – an outdoors-inspired special edition that leverages the strength, versatility and personalization possibilities of the Silverado and distinguishes it with camo graphics from Realtree, the world's leading camouflage brand. It's the latest and strongest example of a decade-long partnership between Chevrolet and Realtree.
The new Realtree® Edition package is offered on Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 crew cab models and includes exterior camo graphics and the Realtree logo embroidered on the front-seat headrests. Additionally, interior attributes feature the Realtree camo logo and graphics.
The Silverado Realtree® edition also includes special blackout trim, black bow ties, off-road assist steps and black 20" wheels with all-terrain tires.
Also included is the legendary Z71 off-road package featuring Rancho monotube shocks, Hill Decent Control, an underbody shield and the G80 auto locking rear differential.
"The capability of Chevy trucks has always enabled customers to go where they want to go and that's the inspiration for the new Silverado Realtree® Edition," said Sandor Piszar, director of Chevrolet Truck Marketing. "Personalized for the outdoorsman, this great-looking, very capable Silverado offers another choice for customers looking for a truck with style, capability and dependability."
"Working with the team at Chevrolet on this new Realtree Edition Silverado really brought home to me just how important the right truck is for outdoor enthusiasts," said Realtree Designer and President Bill Jordan. "You just don't realize how much goes into building a true performance vehicle until you look behind the scenes. The men and women at Chevy truly delivered on this project. This truck has the perfect combination of features, comfort and safety – whether you're driving around town, on the highway or off road."
ABOUT THE SILVERADO
Chevrolet Silverado is the most dependable, longest-lasting full-size pickup, with high-strength steel construction backed by proven V-8 power and efficiency.
The 2016 Silverado 1500 builds on Chevy Trucks' legacy of dependability with a dramatic new design, signature LED lighting, advanced connectivity and enhanced customer-focused technologies. New front-end designs with a bolder, more sculpted appearance reflect the underlying strength of the Silverado's high-strength steel construction.
Powerful, efficient V-8 engines are an integral part of the Silverado's capability and use advanced technologies such as direct injection, Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and continuously variable valve timing to offer the best V-8 fuel economy in a pickup – 23 mpg in 5.3L models – and the most powerful engine in a light-duty truck: 420 horsepower (313 kW) and 460 lb-ft of torque (623 Nm) from the available 6.2L engine.
The 6.2L enables an 11,700-pound max trailering rating with LTZ Z71 crew cab models, when properly equipped.
- The LTZ Z71 package includes Rancho monotube shocks, Hill Descent Control, underbody shield and recovery hooks, 18-inch bright-machined wheels and more
- Standard automatic locking rear differential on Z71 models
- Standard four-wheel disc brakes with Duralife™ brake rotors, which offer up to double the service life of conventional rotors
- New phone integration via Chevrolet MyLink enhances connectivity and promotes safer driving. It allows smartphone users to connect with applications such as navigation, hands-free messaging and more through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Android Auto is standard on a new 7-inch radio at the start of production and is planned for 8-inch radios later in the model year
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity provides a stronger connection in remote locations, for up to seven devices
- New wireless phone charging is included on models with front bucket seats
- New available remote locking tailgate.
Silverado 1500 was the segment leader in the 2015 J.D. Power and Associates U.S. Initial Quality survey.